You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't sign in to my Apple ID; it tries to send a code to my old phone which is broken

hi i got a new phone and i cant sign in to my apple it trys to send a code to my old phone which is broken what do i do?

​[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone XR

Posted on Apr 22, 2020 8:16 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 22, 2020 9:10 AM

Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication - Apple Support

See help link above...

2 replies

Apr 22, 2020 10:22 AM in response to Jennifer2177

Jennifer 2177 Said:

help?: hi i got a new phone and i cant sign in to my apple it trys to send a code to my old phone which is broken what do i do?

———-

Contact Apple Support:

Ask for assistance with logging in to your Apple Account. Explain that assistance with adding your current iPhone as a trusted device. And be sure to sign in while on the phone. Elsewise, you’d have to call back.

Important:

Calls are taking quite a moment due to the Coronavirus Pandemic. Lots are at home at the moment, allowing them time to contact Apple Support. So, just stay in the phone; you’ll get through.

I can't sign in to my Apple ID; it tries to send a code to my old phone which is broken

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.