You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Mail doesn't automatically apply rules !!!

I use Apple Mail Rules on iCloud to make sure that the rules apply over the iOS Mail app and MacOS Mail app. However, Most of the time, i wake in the morning getting 20+ emails all in the inbox when they should've been into "College" or "Online Shopping" folders etc. Some rules seem to work fine, but others not so much, which got me thinking that maybe that problem is on my side, but when i right click on an email i see an option that says "Move to "blah blah" folder, which means there's nothing wrong with my rules, but even then when i click "Apply Rules" nothing happens.

MacBook Pro 13”, macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 24, 2020 5:17 AM

1 reply

Apr 25, 2020 12:47 PM in response to You7Joe

Howdy You7Joe,

Thanks for taking the time to reach out in Apple Support Communities. I understand the rules to manage your emails in the Mail app is not automatically moving your emails correctly to an assigned folder.

Having the ability to manage and customize how you receive emails is important and I'll be happy to help.

To help troubleshoot this behavior in the Mail app, I recommend to rebuild the mailbox by following the steps outlined in this helpful article: Rebuild mailboxes in Mail on Mac From there, see if the mail rules for your emails in iCloud works without any issue.

Please let me know if that helps.

Kind regards.

Apple Mail doesn't automatically apply rules !!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.