You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can't I find the same apps on MacBook Air as on my iPhone ?

Why can't I find the same apps on MacBook Air as on my iphone ? The choice seems very limited or am I missing something ?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Air 13", OS X 10.10

Posted on Apr 25, 2020 2:00 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 25, 2020 12:30 PM

Mac and iOS are separate and entirely different operating systems. Apps have to be written for each specific OS.

Only some developers can justify the extra time and effort to code their apps for both systems, just like only some can justify writing an app for Mac and then rewriting it for Windows.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 25, 2020 12:30 PM in response to cb95

Mac and iOS are separate and entirely different operating systems. Apps have to be written for each specific OS.

Only some developers can justify the extra time and effort to code their apps for both systems, just like only some can justify writing an app for Mac and then rewriting it for Windows.

Why can't I find the same apps on MacBook Air as on my iPhone ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.