You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad IOS 5.1.1

Can I get a YouTube app commpatible for my older version iPad?

iPad

Posted on Apr 25, 2020 11:22 AM

5 replies

Apr 25, 2020 11:51 PM in response to BarbieMueller

The YouTube website will NOT work in any old browser or that old version Safari on that old an iPad running iOS 5.1.1.

There is a workaround to be able to view YouTube videos from the YouTube Website on that old an iPad using the Safari Web browser.

Their is a third party Website that has been setup up a as YouTube Website “front-end” /portal that will work with that 10-year old iPad running iOS 51.1 and that very old Safari Web browser or any other older Web browser that may have been installed on that 10-year old iPad.

Open a web browser and copy and paste this link into the Web address bar in your Web browser.

https://www.invidio.us/

I found this portal a few weeks ago and it allows me to, once again, watch YouTube videos on my 10-year old 1st gen iPad.

This YouTube Website portal will allow that old iPad to still watch YouTube videos.

This portal will NOT let you comment or vote on videos from what I have seen, but you will be able to simply watch YouTube videos.

Best of Luck to You!

Apr 26, 2020 10:10 AM in response to BarbieMueller

Yeah,

While I have a much newer iPad, I found/stumbled on that link in another YouTube video about a month, ago, or so.

I missed not being able to play any streaming video sites from my old, 10-year old iPad 1 for a loooong time!

So, when I found this YouTube website/portal, it was great to be able to play YouTube videos on that old iPad, again.

Enjoy watching YouTube videos on that old iPad, again!

iPad IOS 5.1.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.