You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie Won't Download

Long story short. I made an entire iMovie and tried to export it and it kept giving me a compressor kit error. After speaking with Apple support, they suggested I update my mac - it's a macbook pro 2012. I updated it last night and this morning, I have tried to update iMovie. iMovie won't update, though. It'll start updating and get halfway through and then just stop moving anymore. It's been doing that for hours. So, I tried to stop the download and restart and it does that same thing. I tried to delete the app, but when I hit delete, it never actually deletes. I've tried to movie iMovie to the trash and empty the trash and now my trash has been trying to delete for 20 minutes. Can anyone help resolve this?

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 27, 2020 4:30 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2020 7:24 AM

Leave iMovie in the trash and try this procedure: Sign in to the app store and open your purchases folder by

clicking on your name at the bottom of the app store side bar. You will see your purchases displayed, including iMovie 10. Redownload/update iMovie from there. If not successful, drag your present iMovie app out of the trash and return it to the Applications folder.

Note: Make sure that what you dragged into the trash was the actual iMovie 10 app and not the alias from the dock.

-- Rich

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 27, 2020 7:24 AM in response to DanielleFriedel

Leave iMovie in the trash and try this procedure: Sign in to the app store and open your purchases folder by

clicking on your name at the bottom of the app store side bar. You will see your purchases displayed, including iMovie 10. Redownload/update iMovie from there. If not successful, drag your present iMovie app out of the trash and return it to the Applications folder.

Note: Make sure that what you dragged into the trash was the actual iMovie 10 app and not the alias from the dock.

-- Rich

iMovie Won't Download

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.