You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Movie downloaded cannot play

Can anyone help me? I messaged yesterday regarding the movie I just paid in Apple TV. It took a long Time for me to watch this as it is just black. Now, I am trying to watch this again and have less hours to watch this before the time is done for me to watch as I only rented this. There is another issue. I already watched this yesterday but now it is not playing. It says

The selected movie won't play on your display.

This movie can be played only on displays that support HDCP (High bandwidth Digital Content Protection).

Can anyone help? Appreciate this.

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 27, 2020 11:39 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 28, 2020 5:53 AM

Restart the notebook, as the error for lack of HDCP shouldn’t happen on the internal display.

Remove or disable any screen mirroring software, or remote access software, or screen recording software.

Temporarily remove any peripherals that may cause incompatibility.

1 reply

Movie downloaded cannot play

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.