You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to reinstall iMovie on mid 2011 macbook air with os high sierra? old version iMovie was uninstalled.

How to reinstall iMovie on mid 2011 Macbook Air with OS High Sierra 10.13.6? Old version iMovie was uninstalled. The new version iMovie 10.1.14 can't be supported on my Macbook Air. I can't find any old version iMovie 10.1.8 . And I want to know can I install macOS Catalina 10.15.4 on my Macbook Air ?

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.13

Posted on Apr 28, 2020 7:08 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 28, 2020 7:20 PM

Was the old version of iMovie by any chance an earlier version of iMovie 10? If so, even though you deleted it you can update it to the most current version of iMovie 10 that your current High Sierra operating system can run. Otherwise you will not be able to get iMovie 10 unless you can upgrade to at least Mojave 10.14.6.

In the event that you fall into the category of previously owned iMovie 10 version, here's the way to update it:

To update/redownload iMovie 10, drag your iMovie 10 app from the Applications folder into the trash, but do not empty the

trash. (You can skip that step if you had iMovie 10 on your computer before, but deleted it.) Sign in to the app store and open your purchases folder by clicking on your name at the bottom of the app store side bar. You will see your purchases displayed, including iMovie 10. Redownload/update iMovie from there. If not successful, drag your present iMovie app out of the trash (if you moved it there) and return it to the Applications folder.

-- Rich

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 28, 2020 7:20 PM in response to Dilic

Was the old version of iMovie by any chance an earlier version of iMovie 10? If so, even though you deleted it you can update it to the most current version of iMovie 10 that your current High Sierra operating system can run. Otherwise you will not be able to get iMovie 10 unless you can upgrade to at least Mojave 10.14.6.

In the event that you fall into the category of previously owned iMovie 10 version, here's the way to update it:

To update/redownload iMovie 10, drag your iMovie 10 app from the Applications folder into the trash, but do not empty the

trash. (You can skip that step if you had iMovie 10 on your computer before, but deleted it.) Sign in to the app store and open your purchases folder by clicking on your name at the bottom of the app store side bar. You will see your purchases displayed, including iMovie 10. Redownload/update iMovie from there. If not successful, drag your present iMovie app out of the trash (if you moved it there) and return it to the Applications folder.

-- Rich

how to reinstall iMovie on mid 2011 macbook air with os high sierra? old version iMovie was uninstalled.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.