You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Export mail folder

Dear all

I would like to reduce my mail box on my Mac, so I would like to export some folders with old email;

I've selected the folder and then used the "Export Mail Folder " option. The problem si that every time I've tried it create a partial mailbox on my Mac "name..partial.mbox" containing only few of the emails;

Does somebody has the same issue ?

Any possible solution?

Thx

MacBook, macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 30, 2020 6:01 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 1, 2020 9:36 AM

Greetings, K1200R.

I see that you're having some problems exporting mailboxes from the Mail application on your MacBook on macOS Catalina. The problem is, another mailbox is created and it only contains a few emails. I'm glad to help with this.

Import or export mailboxes in Mail on Mac -- This article provides the information and steps that you need under "Export mailboxes".

How to use safe mode on your Mac -- If these were the steps you were using and the exported mailbox contains only part of the emails it contained, restart your Mac in safe mode and see if you can export the entire mailbox correctly now. 

If the issue also happens while in safe mode, follow the steps under "If the issue continues in safe mode". If it doesn't, the steps to use is under "If the issue doesn't continue in safe mode"

Let me know how that goes.

Take care.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 1, 2020 9:36 AM in response to K1200R

Greetings, K1200R.

I see that you're having some problems exporting mailboxes from the Mail application on your MacBook on macOS Catalina. The problem is, another mailbox is created and it only contains a few emails. I'm glad to help with this.

Import or export mailboxes in Mail on Mac -- This article provides the information and steps that you need under "Export mailboxes".

How to use safe mode on your Mac -- If these were the steps you were using and the exported mailbox contains only part of the emails it contained, restart your Mac in safe mode and see if you can export the entire mailbox correctly now. 

If the issue also happens while in safe mode, follow the steps under "If the issue continues in safe mode". If it doesn't, the steps to use is under "If the issue doesn't continue in safe mode"

Let me know how that goes.

Take care.

Export mail folder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.