You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleting Contacts On My Mac

My Contacts on a High Sierra Desktop has iCloud contacts and On My Mac contacts. I have cut/pasted the On My Macs contacts to the iCloud and removed the duplicates. I would like to remove the On My Mac group so that all contacts are placed in the cloud. The Delete button does not remove it. How can I only have iCloud contacts in Contacts?

iMac Pro

Posted on Apr 30, 2020 6:57 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 1, 2020 3:26 PM

Hmmm, no on My Mac Groups here in Contacts on 10.13.6! ???

Is it from Sys Prefs>iCloud>Contacts being checked, it's not on mine.

AHA, yes it is, just checked that & opened Contacts & there it was, unchecked it & Contacts disappeared or closed, but opening it again My Mac Groups was gone.

Similar questions

13 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 1, 2020 3:26 PM in response to MikeV2020

Hmmm, no on My Mac Groups here in Contacts on 10.13.6! ???

Is it from Sys Prefs>iCloud>Contacts being checked, it's not on mine.

AHA, yes it is, just checked that & opened Contacts & there it was, unchecked it & Contacts disappeared or closed, but opening it again My Mac Groups was gone.

Deleting Contacts On My Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.