You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Enquiry regarding Apple TV+ Free Year subscription

Hi, I had attempted to accept the Apple TV+ Free year subscription, and I was brought to the Apple TV App. I was then being presented with option to go for 7 days trial at $7.99. I then accepted this Trial subscription. I'm just confused as I thought I would be getting a 1 year free subscription, why is it now showing only 7 days free trial?

Appreciate your advice for the above.

Thanks.

iPhone 4s, iOS 9

Posted on Apr 30, 2020 8:26 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 1, 2020 1:57 AM

When you buy a new iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple TV, or Mac, it includes one year of Apple TV+ for free.

Did you buy one of these devices as new, from Apple or an Apple Authorized Reseller, and claim the offer within three months?

Apple TV+ - One Year Offer - Apple

If you didn’t recently buy a new qualifying Apple device, then the offer is not for you.

If you accepted the 7 day trial to this service, then that is what you will get: a 7 day trial. To get the free year, you have to accept the year offer.

iPhone 4s, iOS 9

Apple TV+ is not available on that device, as it requires newer software (iOS 13).

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 1, 2020 1:57 AM in response to jazzyinstyle

When you buy a new iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple TV, or Mac, it includes one year of Apple TV+ for free.

Did you buy one of these devices as new, from Apple or an Apple Authorized Reseller, and claim the offer within three months?

Apple TV+ - One Year Offer - Apple

If you didn’t recently buy a new qualifying Apple device, then the offer is not for you.

If you accepted the 7 day trial to this service, then that is what you will get: a 7 day trial. To get the free year, you have to accept the year offer.

iPhone 4s, iOS 9

Apple TV+ is not available on that device, as it requires newer software (iOS 13).

Enquiry regarding Apple TV+ Free Year subscription

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.