You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Air (Retina, 13-inch, 2019) fan runs loud and battery dies quickly

MacBook Air (Retina, 13-inch, 2019) fan runs loud for instance if I am trying to do a google hangout meet it is so loud. It also does this at other times. It is properly ventilated. Also the battery life has always been poor since purchase a few months ago. I don’t think it has ever stayed powered up longer than a day and I’m talking when I’m not even using. Very frustrating because I finally replaced my 2012 MacBook Pro that still worked and had great battery life compared to this.

Posted on May 1, 2020 6:19 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 1, 2020 6:15 PM

Try an SMC reset:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201295

3 replies

May 1, 2020 7:17 AM in response to orangegrouptech

Thank you - yes I understand this. That is not the source of my battery draining (though it does) as I said I notice more issues with the fan running so loud that I almost cannot hear people talking or them hear me. There have been days I charge my computer and then later that day it is dead after no use, so that is my issue. I understand if I am working all day on it and it needs a charge.

MacBook Air (Retina, 13-inch, 2019) fan runs loud and battery dies quickly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.