You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPad screen pixels are kinda grainy and colours are messed up (the screen seems fine)

This issue just happened today, the iPad just suddenly acted up - seemingly inverting colour and the text, when looked closely, seems to have white pixels with them giving them the 'grainy' looking texture. I believe its a glitch or at least the screen isn't at fault becuase i've seen it return to normal but then go back to this version after a while (turning it off and on makes no difference. hitting it a bit seems to but i've tried hitting it again to no avail)

I've provided pictures as they are an easy thousand words :P

Thank you

iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi

Posted on May 1, 2020 6:39 AM

3 replies

May 1, 2020 7:01 AM in response to Banjoey25

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest that you force-restart your iPad - as this will often resolve isolated issues:

• On an iPad with a Home button: Press and hold the top button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.
  • On an iPad with Face ID: Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the top button. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.

My iPad screen pixels are kinda grainy and colours are messed up (the screen seems fine)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.