You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a way of creating a playlist of movies on an apple tv 4k

I am interested in a way of either creating a custom list of movies on an Apple TV (purchased from iTunes) or creating a playlist. I see that on the TV app on a Mac there is that option to create a playlist, though it requires downloading the movies to my laptop (not the intent). Is there a way of doing this on the Apple TV 4K? For example, say I wanted to group all the Marvel movies together?

Thanks!

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 13

Posted on May 3, 2020 7:06 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 9, 2020 10:38 AM

I read that user "dank75" posted a question regarding grouping purchased itunes movies into specific playlists, groups or genres and on May 3rd 2020 there was a reply that stated, "There is currently no playlist or grouping feature for online videos in the way that you suggest. You can give your comments regarding this to Apple."

I have actually given many suggestions to Apple over the YEARS, with no reply whatsoEVER. This is a shame, because this is a small feature that could be easily integrated into the platform of purchased itunes movies in Apple TV or the new Apple TV app. For example, I am an avid collector of itunes movies (purchased through itunes only) and have near 1,000 titles. All of my products have been through Apple - the very first iPhone, Apple TV, iPod, etc.

Giving the consumer this option would be extremely beneficial because with large collections like my own, it's hard to scroll and keep track of things, even based on itunes pre-selected genres. Like "dank75" said, what if one wants to group all of his Marvel movies together. I want to do the same thing, except maybe all superhero films, war movies and maybe other titles that we feel don't believe fit into 'said' categories that itunes has them labeled. I have actually slowed down on my purchases this past year because of this feature not existing; it's just too hard to keep track anymore!

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 9, 2020 10:38 AM in response to dank75

I read that user "dank75" posted a question regarding grouping purchased itunes movies into specific playlists, groups or genres and on May 3rd 2020 there was a reply that stated, "There is currently no playlist or grouping feature for online videos in the way that you suggest. You can give your comments regarding this to Apple."

I have actually given many suggestions to Apple over the YEARS, with no reply whatsoEVER. This is a shame, because this is a small feature that could be easily integrated into the platform of purchased itunes movies in Apple TV or the new Apple TV app. For example, I am an avid collector of itunes movies (purchased through itunes only) and have near 1,000 titles. All of my products have been through Apple - the very first iPhone, Apple TV, iPod, etc.

Giving the consumer this option would be extremely beneficial because with large collections like my own, it's hard to scroll and keep track of things, even based on itunes pre-selected genres. Like "dank75" said, what if one wants to group all of his Marvel movies together. I want to do the same thing, except maybe all superhero films, war movies and maybe other titles that we feel don't believe fit into 'said' categories that itunes has them labeled. I have actually slowed down on my purchases this past year because of this feature not existing; it's just too hard to keep track anymore!

Jun 9, 2020 10:48 AM in response to JRYAN_ITUNESMOVIEJUNKIE

Apparently you did not read the information that was provided to you by Apple. Apple states they will not respond to suggestions, however they do read each and every one.

This is a technical forum and is not a chat forum. Therefore if you have a technical question, please submit it however if you have a suggestion for Apple please contact them at www.apple.com/feedback.

Also, we are all end users just like you. Apple does not read or participate in these forums.

Is there a way of creating a playlist of movies on an apple tv 4k

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.