You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Videos not playing on browsers

I don’t know how this community stuff works, so if this isn’t the place for problems then that’s my bad. I’d still appreciate the help, though.

For a little while now, any video I’ve tried to play on a browser on my phone (Safari, Chrome, whatever) doesn’t play correctly. The screen goes black and I can’t see what should be displayed. The video plays normally otherwise, and the audio is fine. I’ve tried googling stuff, but most results are people talking about problems with their camera roll not loading and I seriously can’t find anyone else with this problem, or any answers. It’s such a minor yet annoying inconvenience. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Posted on May 4, 2020 1:17 AM

2 replies

May 4, 2020 1:29 AM in response to bromomento

You are on the right forum.

I have come across many users complaining the same thing but I am yet to know the exact reason for it because assisting someone remotely is limited to the information provided on this post. for example, you have not provided the iPhone Model you have, the iOS version that you are running. When was the last time you saw videos on your iPhone. What are the apps on your iPhone. How do you connect to internet etc...

However you may try the following.

1. Try the same video on a web browser on PC/Mac
  2. If you are streaming it to a TV or connected to a Dock. Disconnect.
  3. If you have any third party app for videos installed please delete

May 19, 2020 1:26 AM in response to SravanKrA

Thanks for the response! So, I checked out your suggestions, and none of them really apply. I’ll provide a little more information (sorry I didn’t do that sooner, haha). I’m using an iPhone 7S, and I’m currently on iOS 13.4.1. This problem started mid-to-late March. I usually use Chrome, but these issues occur on Safari as well. The only thing I’m not sure about is what a third party app for videos would be, specifically. I don’t have any apps used to download or edit videos, or anything of that nature. I assume that that isn’t my issue, but I’m not 100%. I really appreciate the assistance nonetheless!!

Videos not playing on browsers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.