You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The bulgarian traditional phonetic keyboard doesn’t work in iOS 13.4.1 with the Apple keyboard

Hi,

I have an iPad PRO 9.7 inch, 1st gen (2016) and I just upgraded it to iOS 13.4.1.

I use it with the official Apple keyboard (2016) with several layouts. Until now,

I never had any problems. But, after the upgrade to iOS 13.4.1 the “bulgarian phonetic” layout stopped matching the on-screen keyboard, when the physical keyboard is used. I tried to reboot the device, but nothing changed. Let me clarify this a little more: when the keyboard is not attached to the ipad, I see the on-screen keyboard matching the layout I expect. For example: the Bulgarian “a” is mapped to the latin “a”, the Bulgarian “o” is mapped to the latin “o” and to on. After I attach the physical Apple keyboard to the ipad, the latin “a” is mapped to “ь”, the latin “o” is mapped to “д” and so on. Something’s wrong. It looks the “standard” Bulgarian layout or some other weird Cyrillic layout I don’t know. In any case, the on-screen layout and the layout of the Apple keyboard should always match. It has always been that way and it worked great.

Is there any workaround to this problem? Also, is this the right place for reporting the bug?

Thank you in advance for the support,

Vladislav K. Valtchev

iPad Pro 9.7-inch WiFi

Posted on May 4, 2020 5:07 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 4, 2020 5:51 AM

Go to settings > general > keyboard > hardware keyboard and tap over at the right edge, then choose the layout you want (NOT "automatic").

Similar questions

1 reply

The bulgarian traditional phonetic keyboard doesn’t work in iOS 13.4.1 with the Apple keyboard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.