You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad 2018 - Screenshot not working

Hi,

Recently I am not able to take screenshots from my iPad. I have used Apple Pencil for the same, it takes me to the screenshot screen but then I am not able to edit the screenshot, neither it is saved in the Photos folder. Other methods of Power + Volume Up button and assistive touch also not working.

Kindly assist as I use this feature a lot!

iPad Pro, iPadOS 13

Posted on May 4, 2020 7:56 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 4, 2020 9:35 AM

I would check to see if you have any restrictions on the iPad that would stop you from taking a screenshot. I have an iPad Pro 11 and I just tested the Apple Pencil method and the Volume up/Power button method. Both worked just fine. If you tap on the temporary screen, does it not show the Done button, which allows you to save the photo. I just saved both of the ones that I made, and they appear in Recents and in Screenshots. Do you have storage space on your iPad?

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 4, 2020 9:35 AM in response to chiragloc

I would check to see if you have any restrictions on the iPad that would stop you from taking a screenshot. I have an iPad Pro 11 and I just tested the Apple Pencil method and the Volume up/Power button method. Both worked just fine. If you tap on the temporary screen, does it not show the Done button, which allows you to save the photo. I just saved both of the ones that I made, and they appear in Recents and in Screenshots. Do you have storage space on your iPad?

May 4, 2020 9:28 AM in response to QuickPost

Thanks but I have tried all the methods mentioned. None of the methods are working. Then methods I tried were:

1. Power + Volume up
  2. Assistive Touch
  3. Swipe from edge with Apple Pencil
    1. When I swipe from the edge, I do get the temporary screen showing the screenshot, but I am not able to edit it, neither it is saved in the Album->Screenshot folder.

None of the methods are working. I am using iPad Pro 2018 model (11 inch).

May 4, 2020 9:39 AM in response to ChrisJ4203

Thanks for the comments. There is abundant storage capacity available. On the temporary screen, the Done button does show up along with other edit options, but all the screen seems to get disabled and none of the buttons/ controls on the temporary screen work.

Regarding restrictions, could you please let me know if there is a way to check if anything is restricting the screenshot?

iPad 2018 - Screenshot not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.