You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can't I see subscriptions purchased by my family

Why can’t I see subscription’s purchased by family sharing, yet I’m responsible to pay for them?

Posted on May 5, 2020 9:16 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 6, 2020 6:47 AM

Here’s how shared purchases work

Any time a family member makes a new purchase, it's billed directly to the family organizer's account. That means the family organizer pays for any App Store and other digital purchases of the family members. This also includes content that family members can't share. For example, ongoing subscriptions—like Apple Music Individual or Student Subscriptions—are paid for by the family organizer too. Any transaction receipts are sent directly to the family organizer.

After it's paid for, a purchased item is added to the account of the family member who made the purchase. If you turn off purchase sharing, each member keeps their purchases, even though they were paid for by the family organizer.

If you don't want to pay for purchases of a specific adult family member, you can remove them from your family group or turn off purchase sharing for everyone.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 6, 2020 6:47 AM in response to US06-Visitor

Here’s how shared purchases work

Any time a family member makes a new purchase, it's billed directly to the family organizer's account. That means the family organizer pays for any App Store and other digital purchases of the family members. This also includes content that family members can't share. For example, ongoing subscriptions—like Apple Music Individual or Student Subscriptions—are paid for by the family organizer too. Any transaction receipts are sent directly to the family organizer.

After it's paid for, a purchased item is added to the account of the family member who made the purchase. If you turn off purchase sharing, each member keeps their purchases, even though they were paid for by the family organizer.

If you don't want to pay for purchases of a specific adult family member, you can remove them from your family group or turn off purchase sharing for everyone.

Why can't I see subscriptions purchased by my family

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.