You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No notifications for purchase requests through family sharing

I am the organizer for my family account. I'm on an iPhone xr and the rest of the family members are on older model iPhones and iPads. Purchase requests used to come through without a hitch, but recently it just stopped working. I looked for solutions online and one of the first suggestions is to confirm that the account I am using for Family Sharing matches the account I am using for iTunes and App store. When I go to settings > My name > Family Sharing and try to click on my name, it does not work. All the other names on the account lead to a screen that has their apple ID email address and the "ask to buy" option when tapped, but it does nothing when I tap on my own name. Does this have anything to do with the issue? And if not, what should I do? I have tried powering off/on all the devices and I have check to ensure that notifications are turned on for the app store on my phone.

iPhone XR, iOS 13

Posted on May 6, 2020 10:19 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 6, 2020 10:25 AM

Perhaps one of these articles will help:

Request and make purchases with Ask to Buy - Apple Support

If Ask to Buy isn't working - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply

No notifications for purchase requests through family sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.