You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The song does not continue where I left off

Whenever I am playing music and pause my music but leave the app open and lock my phone it always resets and doesn't continue the song from where I left it. So if I'm in a playlist it will stop playing the entire playlist altogether. It never used to do this until a couple of weeks ago. Why is this?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone X, iOS 13

Posted on May 6, 2020 8:31 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 7, 2020 12:38 PM

Hi Kellskyler,

Thank you for posting. I understand you're finding that music playback does not resume when you lock the iPhone and then unlock it. I'd be looking into this as well. I'm happy to see if I can assist.

Are you playing streaming content from Apple Music, or is it downloaded to your device? Do you notice a difference between either of those?

Have you tried to Restart your iPhone since this issue started?

If you haven't already, updating your device may help: How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch and Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If the issue persists after you complete the steps above, try deleting and reinstalling the Music app: Delete built-in Apple apps on your iOS 12, iOS 13, or iPadOS device or Apple Watch. Keep in mind that when you delete the app, any downloaded music will be removed, so you'll need to re-download it after.

Feel free to post the results here.

Take care.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 7, 2020 12:38 PM in response to Kellskyler

Hi Kellskyler,

Thank you for posting. I understand you're finding that music playback does not resume when you lock the iPhone and then unlock it. I'd be looking into this as well. I'm happy to see if I can assist.

Are you playing streaming content from Apple Music, or is it downloaded to your device? Do you notice a difference between either of those?

Have you tried to Restart your iPhone since this issue started?

If you haven't already, updating your device may help: How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch and Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If the issue persists after you complete the steps above, try deleting and reinstalling the Music app: Delete built-in Apple apps on your iOS 12, iOS 13, or iPadOS device or Apple Watch. Keep in mind that when you delete the app, any downloaded music will be removed, so you'll need to re-download it after.

Feel free to post the results here.

Take care.

The song does not continue where I left off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.