You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Air suddenly keeps freezing

I bought my MacBook Air new in September 2017 and it's been fine. This week, it's suddenly started freezing. It's ok if I'm just browsing etc, but it freezes up if I'm using Skype or FaceTime. The weird thing is that the video and sound carries on - I can still hear the person I'm talking to and they can see and hear me, but everything looks frozen to me. I can't click on anything or move the cursor. I just have to force the power off. Then it's fine until the next video call. I make all of my living on video calls, teaching, so I really need to fix the problem! My old Mac lasted ten years until it started to get issues!

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.13

Posted on May 7, 2020 12:13 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 8, 2020 9:15 AM

Please determine if the same problems occur in "Safe Mode": Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac.

Similar questions

1 reply

MacBook Air suddenly keeps freezing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.