You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Songs still in Library??

So get this, I went through one of my playlists of over 700 songs and deleted quite a few from library using the "delete from library" button. ALL of those songs I "deleted from library" are still in my songs library and the playlist didn't even sync to my phone; all of those songs are even still in my playlist on my phone. This is incredibly frustrating.

Posted on May 8, 2020 3:47 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 9, 2020 9:30 AM

Hey Mattraws97,

Thanks for the reply and additional information, we appreciate it!

You are correct, when using Sync Library, changes to your music library on one device will also appear on another, as long as you're using the same Apple ID and Sync Library is enabled. Turn on Sync Library with Apple Music

When Sync Library is enabled, using iTunes or Finder (with macOS Catalina) is disabled. So I'm not sure how you were able to sync your iPhone with music from your library with your Mac. If you have a third-party app for syncing, that could possibly by why, and therefore interfere with Sync Library.

Also when Sync Library is enabled, deleted songs from one device will delete from the other. Delete music, movies, and TV shows from your device

If you do decide to no longer use Apple Music, make sure to cancel your subscription at least 24 hours prior to the renewal date.

See or cancel your subscriptions

Any music downloaded from the Apple Music catalog will be removed from your devices.

Enjoy your day and take care!

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 9, 2020 9:30 AM in response to Mattraws97

Hey Mattraws97,

Thanks for the reply and additional information, we appreciate it!

You are correct, when using Sync Library, changes to your music library on one device will also appear on another, as long as you're using the same Apple ID and Sync Library is enabled. Turn on Sync Library with Apple Music

When Sync Library is enabled, using iTunes or Finder (with macOS Catalina) is disabled. So I'm not sure how you were able to sync your iPhone with music from your library with your Mac. If you have a third-party app for syncing, that could possibly by why, and therefore interfere with Sync Library.

Also when Sync Library is enabled, deleted songs from one device will delete from the other. Delete music, movies, and TV shows from your device

If you do decide to no longer use Apple Music, make sure to cancel your subscription at least 24 hours prior to the renewal date.

See or cancel your subscriptions

Any music downloaded from the Apple Music catalog will be removed from your devices.

Enjoy your day and take care!

May 8, 2020 7:57 PM in response to Mattraws97

Hi Mattraws97,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities! Since no one has responded to your question, here's a few things that may help others answer it:

Are you an Apple Music subscriber?

Which iPhone and iOS are you using?

Are you using a Mac or PC? Which software version are you using?

If using iTunes, which version?

Please provide info on how the music and playlists were added to your iPhone and to your iTunes or Music library on your computer.

Any other details which can help the community respond would also be great. Just don't include any personal information.

Thanks!

May 9, 2020 2:14 AM in response to sterling r

Yes, I am an Apple Music subscriber.

I have the iPhone 8 on iOS 13.4.1

I use a MacBook Air (2020/i3 model) with the latest version of software.

Normally If I added a new song to my library and a playlist it would update right away on either device signed in and authorized to the same account, but in this instance it only updated on my MacBook and not my phone. Matter of fact after I synced a few times between my MacBook and my phone the songs actually popped back up into the playlist on my laptop and I had to delete them AGAIN, so I ended up having to just create a new playlist and delete the old one...But then I still had the issue of all those songs still in my library.

Also quick update, I used an app to move all my playlists back over to Spotify for now. I do like the seamlessness of Spotify, I've used it for over 4 years and I think I might just stick with it again..I just wanted to give Apple Music a shot because of the equalizer you can change on MacOS.

Songs still in Library??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.