You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Junk Mail

Apple mail thinks every email from my dad is junk mail and sends it there. I have tried many things such as move email to inbox, mark as not junk, removed and added my dad's cont info, made my dad a vip, etc. Extremely frustrating because I miss all of his emails, unless I just happen to go through the junk mail.

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on May 8, 2020 1:22 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 9, 2020 4:35 PM

Thanks for the reply. I stumbled on something about yahoo mail which is what I use but through the apple mail. Everything I kept reading said “mark as not junk”, which I tried in apple mail. But then I saw a yahoo mail answer that said “mark as not spam”. Well there is no spam folder in Apple mail, and then it finally clicked. Went to yahoo mail on yahoo.com, and there was a spam folder. I marked it as not spam and boom, finally solved!

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 9, 2020 4:35 PM in response to Joseph_S.

Thanks for the reply. I stumbled on something about yahoo mail which is what I use but through the apple mail. Everything I kept reading said “mark as not junk”, which I tried in apple mail. But then I saw a yahoo mail answer that said “mark as not spam”. Well there is no spam folder in Apple mail, and then it finally clicked. Went to yahoo mail on yahoo.com, and there was a spam folder. I marked it as not spam and boom, finally solved!

May 9, 2020 2:17 PM in response to Muttmutt

Hello Muttmutt,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

I understand that all the mail you receive from your Dad is sent to the junk folder. You have tried a number of things already, but have not been able to resolve the issue. I would recommend taking a look at the following support article first to see if there is anything you have missed:

If junk mail filters aren’t working in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

You can also try this from the following article:

"Reset

Restore the default criteria for identifying junk mail. 

Use this option only if Mail no longer handles junk mail as you expect. Resetting the filter deletes everything that Mail has learned from you about junk mail."

Change Junk Mail preferences in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

Best regards.

Junk Mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.