You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Homekit

Hi. How to move accesories in homekit from one home to another home?

Posted on May 9, 2020 5:12 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 10, 2020 11:07 AM

Hello, Darius01.

I understand that you would like to know how to move the accessories in one home to another via Apple HomeKit. I am a bit of a home automation enthusiast myself and am glad to help.

Are you moving from one home to another? My family recently moved and all I made no changes in the Home app. I did need to rename a few devices to their new rooms but everything worked the same as it did in our previous home.

You can easily add a second home to HomeKit by tapping the house icon in the Home app and then tapping Add Home. If you are managing two homes and wish to move an accessory, you will need to remove it from the first home and then add it to the new home.

Set up and use the Home app

To remove an accessory from the Home app:
1. On your iOS device: Press and hold an accessory, tap Settings, then scroll to the bottom and tap Remove Accessory.
2. On your Mac: Double-click an accessory, click Settings, then scroll down and click Remove Accessory.

I want to make sure to link you to this other helpful HomeKit article. Share control of your home

I hope this helps!

Be Well.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 10, 2020 11:07 AM in response to Darius01

Hello, Darius01.

I understand that you would like to know how to move the accessories in one home to another via Apple HomeKit. I am a bit of a home automation enthusiast myself and am glad to help.

Are you moving from one home to another? My family recently moved and all I made no changes in the Home app. I did need to rename a few devices to their new rooms but everything worked the same as it did in our previous home.

You can easily add a second home to HomeKit by tapping the house icon in the Home app and then tapping Add Home. If you are managing two homes and wish to move an accessory, you will need to remove it from the first home and then add it to the new home.

Set up and use the Home app

To remove an accessory from the Home app:
1. On your iOS device: Press and hold an accessory, tap Settings, then scroll to the bottom and tap Remove Accessory.
2. On your Mac: Double-click an accessory, click Settings, then scroll down and click Remove Accessory.

I want to make sure to link you to this other helpful HomeKit article. Share control of your home

I hope this helps!

Be Well.

Homekit

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.