You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook air 6,1 version upgrade from OS X 10.9.5 to latest MacOS

When i try to upgrade my Macbook air 6,1from version OS X 10.9.5 to latest macOS catalina it gave an error. When I tried to re-try apple store indicate as "installed" and i am unable to continue the installation.

MacBook Air

Posted on May 9, 2020 10:27 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

May 10, 2020 1:20 PM in response to shiromiwijet2003

Hi there, shiromiwijet2003!

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! It sounds like you're having an issue upgrading from Mavericks to Catalina on your MacBook Air.  I recommend taking a look at this article with steps to follow for How to use safe mode on your Mac. This will perform checks and stop certain software from starting up automatically. Once you are in safe mode, test to see if you have the same issue upgrading.

I also suggest going to the Applications folder and deleting the installer for macOS Catalina. Then, try and download it again and see if you are able to install it.

If you still have an issue completing the upgrade, check out this article if you haven't already for How to back up your Mac to be sure you have backed up any important personal information on the Mac. Once you have a back up, check out this article for How to reinstall macOS from macOS Recovery and reboot your MacBook Air into macOS Recovery using Option-Command-R keys. Once there, see if you can upgrade the macOS to the latest version available.

Let me know the results and have a great day!

Macbook air 6,1 version upgrade from OS X 10.9.5 to latest MacOS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.