You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Not receiving text message notifications

I recently have been experiencing where when I got a text message I don’t get a notification. I get notifications for all my other apps.. to see I have a text message I have to pull up the SMS app. I have already checked my sound is on, do not disturb is turned off, and my notifications are on.

iPhone X, iOS 13

Posted on May 9, 2020 11:20 AM

5 replies

May 9, 2020 11:37 AM in response to Isabelle_00

You have checked all the basic troubleshooting things however I have two questions-

Even though you do NOT get sound notifications, do you get an accurate Badge Count on the Message app icon on your iPhone?

Do you have an Apple Watch that you use and is paired to your iPhone?

Finally have you tried to Force ReStart Your iPhone as instructed in this article by Apple ➔ How to Force ReStart your iPhone.

Axel F.

May 10, 2020 9:25 AM in response to Isabelle_00

Based on your original post, I am assuming that the Messages notifications are set properly on your iPhone under settings.

Can you try and see whether resetting network settings works if you have not done so already? Note that when you reset network settings then you will need to re-enter all your WiFi network passwords as you connect to them again.

Open Settings ➔ General ➔ Reset ➔ Reset Network Settings.

Axel F.

Not receiving text message notifications

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.