You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to add custom m4r ringtones to iTunes

I have my iPhone 7 connected to iTunes on my PC but am unable to drag custom m4r ringtone files to Tunes folder. Have tried using Ctrl +C and Ctrl + V but does not work.

iPhone 7

Posted on May 10, 2020 5:23 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 10, 2020 7:55 AM

I tried copying all m4r files to my iCloud drive folder on my PC, then connected my iPhone to iTunes. Once connected, I was able to drag my files from that iCloud drive folder. For someone reason I was unable to copy them from a desktop folder. All works well on my phone now. Thanks for your help.

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 10, 2020 7:55 AM in response to turingtest2

I tried copying all m4r files to my iCloud drive folder on my PC, then connected my iPhone to iTunes. Once connected, I was able to drag my files from that iCloud drive folder. For someone reason I was unable to copy them from a desktop folder. All works well on my phone now. Thanks for your help.

May 10, 2020 7:29 AM in response to rvordon

Hi,

First are you absolutely certain that you've created a valid ringtone file, that is a file in AAC format that is less than 40 seconds long where you've then changed the file extension from .m4a to m4r?

Assuming that is the case have you read through the advice on removing all tones from the device and reloading when you're unable to add new items?

tt2

May 10, 2020 3:53 PM in response to rvordon

Last iTunes version that supported third-party ringtones management was the one with the AppStore, 12.6 if not mistaking. Now it manages only purchased tones. There's a heap of third-party apps that allow ringtones management and they can import mp3/tracks longer than 30 sec, use any of those. If you don't know which one and don't want to google check iMazing, never had any issues with it.

Unable to add custom m4r ringtones to iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.