You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos on iCloud

I accidentally deleted all my photos off my iPhone however they are still in my iCloud. How do I get my photos back onto my iPhone ??

iPhone X, iOS 13

Posted on May 10, 2020 11:43 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 11, 2020 9:30 AM

Hi Niamh_Finneran,

Thanks for posting. Being able to manage your photos is always important. I understand you accidentally deleted your photos. I'm glad to see how I can assist with this.

For clarification, when you say they're still in iCloud, where are you seeing them? Are you on the iCloud website, or somewhere else?

Also, how did you delete the photos? When you delete synced photos on your iPhone, they are deleted from iCloud and other synced devices as well, so knowing a little more about the issue may help.

Depending on how you deleted the photos, you may be able to recover them by checking your Recently Deleted folder, or possibly by turning iCloud Photos back on. Take a look at this link for the steps on this, and a few other options as well: Get help with missing photos

Have a great day.

10 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 11, 2020 9:30 AM in response to Niamh_Finneran

Hi Niamh_Finneran,

Thanks for posting. Being able to manage your photos is always important. I understand you accidentally deleted your photos. I'm glad to see how I can assist with this.

For clarification, when you say they're still in iCloud, where are you seeing them? Are you on the iCloud website, or somewhere else?

Also, how did you delete the photos? When you delete synced photos on your iPhone, they are deleted from iCloud and other synced devices as well, so knowing a little more about the issue may help.

Depending on how you deleted the photos, you may be able to recover them by checking your Recently Deleted folder, or possibly by turning iCloud Photos back on. Take a look at this link for the steps on this, and a few other options as well: Get help with missing photos

Have a great day.

May 12, 2020 3:00 PM in response to Niamh_Finneran

Hello Niamh_Finneran,

Thanks for following up. To look at another possibility, are you able to successfully sync other content from iCloud to your iPhone, like Contacts or events in Calendar? Knowing this would help to narrow things down.

Also, you mentioned changing your email address. If you mean you changed just the email address associated with the account, I recommend double-checking this resource; there are a few steps to take after changing an address used with iCloud, and that could help. Be sure to check out the "iCloud" section specifically: What to do after you change your Apple ID or password

Take care.

May 11, 2020 12:15 PM in response to jeremy_v

Hi Jeremy

Thank you for your response.

I switched off iCloud photos off my phone and clicked delete photos off this device as I thought very little of my photos were on iCloud. However majority of my photos were deleted as a result and they are not in my recently deleted. I have since logged into my iCloud account on a laptop and my photos are still available. Any suggestions as how to get my photos from iCloud back onto my iPhone?

May 12, 2020 2:04 PM in response to i_rina

Hi i_rina,

I have since had to change my email address associated with my iCloud. I have logged onto iCloud on a laptop with this new email address and photos are still appearing on my laptop but not on my phone. I am also logged in with this email on my phone!

I have turned on photos in settings while connected to power and WiFi and have had no change. Is there any other solution to this ?

Thanks in advance,

Niamh

May 12, 2020 3:40 PM in response to sterling r

Hi sterling r,

thank you for your response! I have noticed in my messages that some of my contacts are appearing as maybe and then the contacts name and others are appearing as phone numbers while there initials are appearing in the photo option.

I have just changed the email address associated with my iCloud since the photos were lost. I have already signed in using my new email address in my settings under my name and I still have had no progress.

Take care

Niamh

Photos on iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.