You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV image flickering

I’ve recently started to notice the top half of the picture from a 2015 HD Apple TV (not the latest 4K version) flickers every once in a while. It’s connected to a 4K TV via a Marantz AV8801 and it seems to flicker whether we are watching an Apple TV show, a movie or a Netflix show. Anyone else seeing this kind of problem?

Apple TV HD, tvOS 13

Posted on May 10, 2020 8:10 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 10, 2020 8:57 PM

• Verify the connections. Detach the HDMI cables on both ends, then reconnect.
  • Try a direct connection to the TV. Does that have the same visual symptoms?

Similar questions

8 replies

May 16, 2020 7:53 PM in response to rkaufmann87

I moved the Apple TV to another HDMI input - I have 7 so lots to choose from :) No flickering or dropouts on the other input. So it looks like it might be a faulty HDMI input on the pre-amp. I guess I can live with one less input but I might contact the Marantz service dealer anyway to see what I can find out. Thanks for all the suggestions here.

Apple TV image flickering

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.