You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV channels not updating

I subscribe to both HBO and Showtime through Apple TV, because I like the idea of having all my channels consolidated in one place. However on occasion some of the shows I watch don’t update with new episodes available to watch through the TV app. They appear in my feed but if I try to watch them the only option I’m given is to open them in the dedicated App which would mean downloading that app but not being able to watch them due to my subscription being through Apple and not the select provider. Kinda nullifies the whole concept.

I’m not sure if its an Apple problem with the TV app not updating or if its a provider issue with them not pushing the episodes through to the TV subscribers as well as the platform app subscribers but its super annoying. The biggest annoyance is that I’m paying for content that I can’t watch so something needs to give or I’m just going to have to ditch the TV app model and revert to the provider applications instead.

Posted on May 11, 2020 7:56 AM

2 replies

May 11, 2020 2:20 PM in response to AKSKLS1

They appear in my feed …

You may get notified before these episodes are available anywhere, and on the Apple TV app Channel specifically. Apple can only deliver what they have received from the content provider. Do give feedback, though.

Did you check how long it takes before these become available? Have you verified the difference with the provider applications availability?

May 11, 2020 2:37 PM in response to Urquhart1244

The problem is that its inconsistent. For example I could have two series from the same service, but one updates regularly while the other one does not. I figured it is more of an issue with the content provider than with Apple so I reached out to them to address the issue. Hopefully it gets resolved because I’m sure I’m not the only person affected by this and again I’m paying for not receiving the content and that’s my overall issue.

Apple TV channels not updating

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.