You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID Balance

So I can see that my Apple ID Balance is $20.01, but I cannot use it as a payment method to purchase an app. Yes I have gone into my Apple ID settings, but it will not let me edit my payment methods. I have tried to edit my payment methods on a browser as opposed to on my iPhone and it does not even show that your Apple ID Balance can be used as a payment method. I spent money on this store credit and all I want to do is buy fucking Minecraft, yet it is ridiculousy complicated just to make a simple purchase. If I have to deal with more bullshit like this I'm happily switching to Android. - A customer

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on May 11, 2020 3:47 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 11, 2020 4:19 PM

You need to add a payment method to your account such as a credit card. Once you do that, all purchases will normally be deducted from your account balance before the credit card is charged.

Log into your account in the App Store/iTunes and you should be able to change/verify it there. Or you can click the blue Edit payment methods in the article below. When signed in and the page loads, you will be on the credit card page. After updating that, click the Go Back button at the lower left and you will be on the address page.

Apple ID payment information - change.  

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 11, 2020 4:19 PM in response to kaden420_69

You need to add a payment method to your account such as a credit card. Once you do that, all purchases will normally be deducted from your account balance before the credit card is charged.

Log into your account in the App Store/iTunes and you should be able to change/verify it there. Or you can click the blue Edit payment methods in the article below. When signed in and the page loads, you will be on the credit card page. After updating that, click the Go Back button at the lower left and you will be on the address page.

Apple ID payment information - change.  

May 11, 2020 7:59 PM in response to kaden420_69

If you try to purchase something, do you get an error message?

Apple ID without a credit card      

Apple ID - If you can‘t choose None when you edit your Apple ID payment information.        

If necessary, contact iTunes Support. See the Apple Support articles below for contact information.   

iTunes Support – world wide 

Apple Support schedule phone call       

Apple ID Balance

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.