You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 7 Plus says unable to verify update cause of internet connection

My iPhone 7 Plus won’t update to 13.4.1. It says unable to verify update cause of internet connection. However I have tried almost everything the discussion forum and apples support site outlined for if such an issue arises. Help

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on May 12, 2020 3:21 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 12, 2020 5:13 AM

Your wifi connection along with its internet access MUST be reliable and possibly fast.

See also this support guide:--> Get help with over-the-air iOS updates – Apple Support

If the issue still persists, update it on a computer (which MUST have Internet access), running the latest version of iTunes.

Regards

Giulio

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 12, 2020 5:13 AM in response to Wasabi35

Your wifi connection along with its internet access MUST be reliable and possibly fast.

See also this support guide:--> Get help with over-the-air iOS updates – Apple Support

If the issue still persists, update it on a computer (which MUST have Internet access), running the latest version of iTunes.

Regards

Giulio

May 16, 2020 1:08 AM in response to ProustGiulio

Hi thanks for responding , unfortunately the issue persists. I tried via Ethernet connection to update it with the latest version of iTunes. Right after the it downloaded the 3.96GB of update it said processing file but then after a few minutes it said that my internet connection timed out.

it’s strange cause I have been using my WiFi to update the software previously without any issues , my dads iPhone X updated smoothly via the same WiFi. I seem to be running out of options now.

My iPhone 7 Plus says unable to verify update cause of internet connection

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.