You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Two questions re Macbook Pro set up and removing Chinese characters

Q1: I've been using my macbook pro without completely setting it up but want to now, is that possible? Things like importing documents from another pc.

Q2: I also let a Chinese friend use my macbook pro, it now shows Chinese characters when I'm using the internet - potentially other places but that's where I notice it the most, is there any way to remove the Chinese characters?

Thanks in advance!

MacBook Pro

Posted on May 13, 2020 12:15 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 13, 2020 3:50 PM

Hey BAM-12,

I see that you have some questions about Chinese characters appearing on the MacBook Pro, and you'd like to also import some documents. I'll be happy to help out.

Here's how to change the language of your Mac: Change the language your Mac uses - Apple Support.

For importing documents from another PC, this will depend on the type of data you're looking to import. You can set up iCloud Drive on PC and the Mac, which may be a good option for you to access data on both devices: Set up iCloud Drive - Apple Support. Otherwise, you may want to use an external drive to import large amounts of data: Use external storage devices with Mac - Apple Support.

Have a great day.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 13, 2020 3:50 PM in response to BAM-12

Hey BAM-12,

I see that you have some questions about Chinese characters appearing on the MacBook Pro, and you'd like to also import some documents. I'll be happy to help out.

Here's how to change the language of your Mac: Change the language your Mac uses - Apple Support.

For importing documents from another PC, this will depend on the type of data you're looking to import. You can set up iCloud Drive on PC and the Mac, which may be a good option for you to access data on both devices: Set up iCloud Drive - Apple Support. Otherwise, you may want to use an external drive to import large amounts of data: Use external storage devices with Mac - Apple Support.

Have a great day.

Two questions re Macbook Pro set up and removing Chinese characters

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.