You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Forget the apple id

Hello Sir my name is Venosh my brother was buying second hand iPhone 6s past year and it has not remove previous owner account and iam recently update software and it asks activation lock can you please tell me the apple id

[Personal Information Edited by Moderator]

Posted on May 13, 2020 5:37 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 13, 2020 6:27 AM

He will need to contact the previous owner to have them log out of iCloud or go to https://www.icloud.com/find/ My Phone and erase the device, then remove it from their account. If he can’t do that, the device is useless. 

Turn off Activation Lock - Apple Support.      

2 replies

May 13, 2020 6:17 AM in response to venosh2419

You brother acquired the phone second hand from someone other than Apple or an authorized Apple reseller. Unfortunately the phone will be useless to him. The links below explain what has happened. He didn't know to heed the advice given below.

"Before you buy an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from someone other than Apple or an authorized Apple reseller, make sure that the device is erased and no longer linked to the previous owner’s account. "

And see: Activation Lock for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201365 See

this heading Check for Activation Lock before you buy a device from someone else.

What all this means to you is that there is no way we can help you. We are not authorized to remove the activation lock from any phone. And, under your circumstances, Apple will not help you since you cannot provide proof of ownership that Apple will consider to be sufficient. All I can suggest is that your brother try to recovery any money spent from the seller.

Forget the apple id

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.