You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have Sony WF-1000XM3 earbuds. They connect with no problem to my iPhone and iPad, but will not connect to my MacBook Pro. I put them in pairing mode (blue light flashing) but the MacBook Pro bluetooth screen simply does not see them. Please help.

I have Sony WF-1000XM3 earbuds. They connect with no problem to my iPhone and iPad, but will not connect to my MacBook Pro. I put them in pairing mode (blue light flashing) but the MacBook Pro bluetooth screen simply does not see them. Please help.

Posted on May 14, 2020 4:05 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 14, 2020 5:27 PM

Hello neiljac,

I understand you're having difficulty getting your Sony earbuds to successfully pair with your Mac. I'd like to help.

It sounds like you have already tried putting the earbuds into pairing mode and have been able to get them paired with your iPhone and iPad. Is your Mac able to pair successfully with other bluetooth devices?

I found this thread from Sony's community support page where a handful of people had the same concern. One of the moderator replies reads:

"Make sure that the headphones are on pairing mode for your Mac to detect it. Put the headset in both ears, then hold your fingers to the touch sensors on both the left and right units for about 7 seconds. You will hear voice guidance “Bluetooth pairing” from the left unit. After that, your Mac should be able to detect the headphones."

Some of the users on this thread report that this solved their issue, and it may solve yours too.

I hope this helps!

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 14, 2020 5:27 PM in response to neiljac

Hello neiljac,

I understand you're having difficulty getting your Sony earbuds to successfully pair with your Mac. I'd like to help.

It sounds like you have already tried putting the earbuds into pairing mode and have been able to get them paired with your iPhone and iPad. Is your Mac able to pair successfully with other bluetooth devices?

I found this thread from Sony's community support page where a handful of people had the same concern. One of the moderator replies reads:

"Make sure that the headphones are on pairing mode for your Mac to detect it. Put the headset in both ears, then hold your fingers to the touch sensors on both the left and right units for about 7 seconds. You will hear voice guidance “Bluetooth pairing” from the left unit. After that, your Mac should be able to detect the headphones."

Some of the users on this thread report that this solved their issue, and it may solve yours too.

I hope this helps!

May 15, 2020 1:23 AM in response to brenden dv

Hi - I have done all that with no success. My Macbook Pro has no problem seeing several other Bluetooth devices - my Mac Magic Mouse, a Bose speaker and a Logitech spotlight remote presenter all work perfectly well. But it simply refuses to see the Sony earbuds, even while they are in pairing mode (blue lights flashing). I've turned the Bluetooth on and off; I've rebooted the Mac, I've fully charged the earbuds and put them again into pairing mode (several times) but they seem to be invisible to the Mac.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.