You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can you transfer photos/documents from iPad Pro onto an external hard drive?

I am after the new iPad Pro but can you transfer photos/ documents and things from there onto a external hard drive??

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on May 15, 2020 1:20 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 15, 2020 1:31 AM

gardz07 Said:

"Storage: I am after the new iPad Pro but can you transfer photos/ documents and things from there onto a external hard drive??"

-------

Yes.

Go Here: Connect external devices or servers with Files on iPad - Apple Support

Note: So that you don't loose the ability to charge your iPad while transferring the data, use this adapter: Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter - Apple. You would plug in your External Hard Drive into the USB A port, and plug in your power adapter into the Lightning port.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 15, 2020 1:31 AM in response to gardz07

gardz07 Said:

"Storage: I am after the new iPad Pro but can you transfer photos/ documents and things from there onto a external hard drive??"

-------

Yes.

Go Here: Connect external devices or servers with Files on iPad - Apple Support

Note: So that you don't loose the ability to charge your iPad while transferring the data, use this adapter: Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter - Apple. You would plug in your External Hard Drive into the USB A port, and plug in your power adapter into the Lightning port.

Can you transfer photos/documents from iPad Pro onto an external hard drive?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.