You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Youtube Opening Video In Small Window?

This is the first time I've ever owned a Mac and the learning curve is killing me. One issue I've run into for the first time last night is that Youtube will open a video in a new window (but not a tab) depending on how I click the video on my trackpad. Once the window is open it will continue to play that video and once the video goes behind Safari I cannot find it. I don't know if this is some kind of shortcut but I can't figure it out. It seems to happen much more often when I click the trackpad with my left pointer finger than when I click with the right. Anyone know what this could be? First photo is normal Youtube window second photo is the issue I'm having. Any help is appreciated (the name of this feature or how it works would be awesome)! Thank you for your time!

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on May 16, 2020 4:32 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 16, 2020 5:35 PM

I figured it out! It ended up being the Force Click option for previewing windows under my Trackpad Settings.

Thank you again for your time!

Similar questions

5 replies

May 16, 2020 4:58 PM in response to tommartin732

One at a time...

To have links open in a consistent matter, set Safari > Preferences > Tabs as shown.

To make individual choices, right-click (or two-finger click) on a link, then choose if you want to open it in a new tab, or a new window.

To make all open windows (or windows hidden by other windows), or the empty desktop, visible set Preferences > Mission Control > Hot Corners: as shown below (or as you prefer), then just move the cursor to the proper screen corner.

May 16, 2020 5:26 PM in response to Rysz

Rysz

Thank you for your input and advice. I set my hot corners and I tried tweaking my Tab Preferences but I'm still having the same issue. I may have described it in not enough detail or clarity. I realized I can screen capture so I went ahead and did that. I realize there's no volume, but the Santana song that pops up in the browser does not stop playing until I actually quit the Safari app (at 0:58 in vid). I couldn't find a way to close the window that popped up or find the video in tabs or in the Application Windows hot corner selection. If you have the time to check out the link it is the screen capture of what's happening. Thank you again for your time and all of the information you've provided.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRubXPVsjQY

Update: it seems to be happening when I click hard.

Youtube Opening Video In Small Window?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.