You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Changing iPad screen time passcode isn't taking effect

I have gone through the steps to change my iPad screen time passcode, entering the old passcode and twice entering the new passcode. It did that successfully without any error. But when I try to open an app during downtime and am prompted for my screen time passcode, the old passcode still works but the new one doesn't. So it didn't take effect. I have restarted my iPad and also reset my screen time passcode using my Apple ID and both of those also didn't help.

I don't use family sharing. I am simply using my iPad logged in with my apple ID. My daughter uses this iPad which is why I am using screen time.

Posted on May 17, 2020 7:34 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

May 17, 2020 9:59 AM in response to Gazelle5

Hello,

An Apple ID is meant for just 1 person’s devices meaning that you should not be sharing an Apple ID with their iPod. Checkout this Apple Support document on how to setup their own Apple ID. You would then restore the iPod to factory settings and set it back up with their Apple ID.

Family Sharing and Apple ID for your child - Apple Support

Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Changing iPad screen time passcode isn't taking effect

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.