You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

đź’ˇ Did you know?

General and ongoing cleaning can help you maintain your AirPods or AirPods Pro.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connection failed - airpods

My AirPods suddenly will not connect to my phone. They will connect to other devices but not my iPhone. I have tried to restart them, turn off my phone, everything. It just says “connection failed” when I try to connect them to my own phone. Can anyone help?

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 13

Posted on May 17, 2020 8:34 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 17, 2020 9:18 AM

Try the following and see if that helps-

1. Open Settings âž” Bluetooth and then Forget the AirPods from the list. (Click on i in a circle next to the Airpods name and then choose Forget this device)
  2. Force Restart the phone:
  • Press and quickly release Volume UP button
  • Press and quickly release Volume DOWN button
  • Press and Hold the SIDE button until an Apple logo appears then release the Side button (Can take up to 20 seconds. DO NOT release Side Button when invited to Slide Power OFF)

After the 2 steps above, pair the Airpods again to your iPhone.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 17, 2020 9:18 AM in response to katharina98

Try the following and see if that helps-

1. Open Settings âž” Bluetooth and then Forget the AirPods from the list. (Click on i in a circle next to the Airpods name and then choose Forget this device)
  2. Force Restart the phone:
  • Press and quickly release Volume UP button
  • Press and quickly release Volume DOWN button
  • Press and Hold the SIDE button until an Apple logo appears then release the Side button (Can take up to 20 seconds. DO NOT release Side Button when invited to Slide Power OFF)

After the 2 steps above, pair the Airpods again to your iPhone.

Axel F.

Connection failed - airpods

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.