You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 11

Can’t get the volume to turn up on my alarm, when I go to sounds and turn up volume, it tests loud, but when I set the alarm and the time for it to go off, one ring about half volume, then you can barely hear it.

iPhone 11, iOS 13

Posted on May 17, 2020 1:58 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 18, 2020 9:13 AM

Hi there ginaandharold,

It sounds as though the volume you're hearing from your Alarm notification is lower than what is set. Hearing your alarm notifications is important, I'd be happy to assist!

Let's check to see if the Attention Awareness feature is enabled, this can be a common source that would lower your alarm sounds when looking at your iPhone. Here is a resource below that can help:

About Attention Aware features on your iPhone X or iPad Pro

Specifically, let's try these steps:

"Go to Settings > Face ID & Passcode and turn off Attention Aware Features."

Once turning off the Attention Aware feature, does your alarm notification play at its intended volume setting?

I hope this helps,

Cheers!

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 18, 2020 9:13 AM in response to ginaandharold

Hi there ginaandharold,

It sounds as though the volume you're hearing from your Alarm notification is lower than what is set. Hearing your alarm notifications is important, I'd be happy to assist!

Let's check to see if the Attention Awareness feature is enabled, this can be a common source that would lower your alarm sounds when looking at your iPhone. Here is a resource below that can help:

About Attention Aware features on your iPhone X or iPad Pro

Specifically, let's try these steps:

"Go to Settings > Face ID & Passcode and turn off Attention Aware Features."

Once turning off the Attention Aware feature, does your alarm notification play at its intended volume setting?

I hope this helps,

Cheers!

iPhone 11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.