You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Disable Notifications

How to disable emergency contact notification..... Having my emergency contacts receiving emergency text when I report a traffic accident I observed is not helpful. The only way now is to delete my emergency contacts. NOT HELPFUL.

iPhone XR

Posted on May 18, 2020 10:38 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 18, 2020 10:47 AM

Your contacts are notified if you use Emergency SOS on your iPhone.

Use Emergency SOS on your iPhone - Apple Support

However, they are not notified if you simply dial 911.

And if you respond that dialing 911 is too difficult when driving, then simply create a contact with that information.

4 replies

May 18, 2020 10:47 AM in response to SoxFan33

How are you reporting these emergencies? Are you dialing 9-1-1, or are you using the emergency SOS feature?

If you go to Settings>Emergency SOS, scroll down to the bottom and tap on About Emergency SOS & Privacy. You will see that the use of Emergency SOS will notify your emergency contacts when the call ends. If you just dial 9-1-1 from the phone pad, this will not occur.

Disable Notifications

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.