You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No Access To Trusted Device & Can't Remember Phone #

I am trying to log into the iCloud account I had linked to my old phone. The "trusted device" phone number is out of service and I do not have any records of that phone number, so none of the options to log into this account work for me. When logging in, I am prompted to enter the email and password, no problem. Then iCloud tries to send a code to my Trusted Device - which I don't have. It gives me an option - "Didn't Receive Verification Code" and I click it. There are three options - Resend Code, Text Code, or Verify the Phone Number. None of these will work for me because I don't know what the phone number was and I don't have access to the phone in order to receive a text. Please help! I had so many pictures on there.

iPhone 7, iOS 13

Posted on May 20, 2020 11:11 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2020 4:32 PM

I am having the same issue! Did you ever resolve it? I had to create an entire new Apple ID because of this and now I have another issue, it is now saying that my new Apple ID hasn’t been used in iTunes yet .. tells me to sign in & it still takes me back to the same error message. I wish I could gain access to my old iCloud .. I’ve had it since 2013.

Similar questions

11 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 10, 2020 4:32 PM in response to marcellous208

I am having the same issue! Did you ever resolve it? I had to create an entire new Apple ID because of this and now I have another issue, it is now saying that my new Apple ID hasn’t been used in iTunes yet .. tells me to sign in & it still takes me back to the same error message. I wish I could gain access to my old iCloud .. I’ve had it since 2013.

May 20, 2020 3:30 PM in response to sarakiitteenn

The phone number linked to that Apple account is a phone number attached to a flip phone I used for only three months when I broke my old phone.

Then is is not a trusted device. Your first trusted device must be an iOS device as flip phones can't receive verification codes.

A flip phone can be used as a trusted phone number, but not as a trusted device.

No Access To Trusted Device & Can't Remember Phone #

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.