You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch - Cellular

If I buy an apple watch without Cellular, can I still receive text messages if it is connected to my phone but just won't be able to answer? Or do I have to buy cellular to even receive the notification of a text message or Call?

Posted on May 21, 2020 2:55 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 21, 2020 5:04 AM

An apple watch without cellular will do everything that the cellular version can do,you can send and receive text messages and make and receive calls,the only difference is that with the non cellular watch you have to have your phone with you and with the cellular version you can leave your phone at home.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 21, 2020 5:04 AM in response to jesshenry17

An apple watch without cellular will do everything that the cellular version can do,you can send and receive text messages and make and receive calls,the only difference is that with the non cellular watch you have to have your phone with you and with the cellular version you can leave your phone at home.

Apple Watch - Cellular

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.