You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sync iPod Nano with iPad Pro 2020

I’ve switched entirely to an iPad Pro. I’m loving the experience and have been able to do everything I could on the Mac so far except sync an iPod to update music selection. The Nano connects with a USB C to Lightning cable and I can read the Nano contents. How can I do this on the iPad Pro 2020 running iOS 13.4.1? I no longer have a Mac.

iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi

Posted on May 21, 2020 5:17 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 21, 2020 5:53 AM

I don’t think what you are trying to do is possible as the iPod was synced with a music library on a Mac and you can’t sync from iDevice to iDevice. If you have your music in the cloud then you can use iCloud music library but transferring your music from the iPod to the iPad will not work.

2 replies

Sync iPod Nano with iPad Pro 2020

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.