You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why do some of my emails show question marks

some of my emails show blue question marks, I can't even see what is sent to me, why does this happen? please help

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on May 21, 2020 9:14 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 21, 2020 11:00 AM

The email is full of hyperlinked images and Mail cannot retrieve the images from the server that is hosting the images.

Is there a button in the header that says, "Load Remote Content?"

If so, and you know it isn't spam, click the button.

That is a preference setting to prevent spammers from identifying your email address as being valid. When the image is retrieved from their server, they can identify that you were a valid email address. That's why the option to not load remote content exists.

If there is not a "Load Remote Content" button, then it just cannot contact the server to get the images.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 21, 2020 11:00 AM in response to gigii12

The email is full of hyperlinked images and Mail cannot retrieve the images from the server that is hosting the images.

Is there a button in the header that says, "Load Remote Content?"

If so, and you know it isn't spam, click the button.

That is a preference setting to prevent spammers from identifying your email address as being valid. When the image is retrieved from their server, they can identify that you were a valid email address. That's why the option to not load remote content exists.

If there is not a "Load Remote Content" button, then it just cannot contact the server to get the images.

why do some of my emails show question marks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.