You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t add another card to payment methods

I deleted both cards from my Apple ID when I was about to buy a new iPhone. Later, I added them to my wallet. I went to the “payment methods” menu and connected one of them to my Apple ID. When I wanted to add another card, there was this message: “No eligible Apple Pay cards were found in your wallet. Please make sure that your storefront matches the card(s) in your wallet and try again.” I use my second card for purchases in stores via Apple Pay and it works perfectly. I want to use it for purchases in App Store too. How can I add it to my Apple ID again?

Thanks for support.

iPhone 11, 13

Posted on May 22, 2020 4:06 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 30, 2020 8:41 PM

I had the same problem. I had set up Apple Pay for my new credit card and added the card to the Wallet app on my iPhone. However, when I went to get this new Apple Pay account added as a payment method for my AppleID under

[ Settings > (my Apple ID)  > Payment and Shipping > Add Payment Method ]

the top text there read:

"No eligible Apple Pay cards were found in your wallet. Please make sure that your storefront matches the card(s) in your wallet and try again."

This was quite confusing as I could see my Apple Pay enabled card right there in my Wallet app.

After a few days I tried again and eventually solved it quite by accident: I gave up trying to add Apple Pay to my AppleID and decided to directly add my credit card as an AppleID payment method. When I did this my card was automatically detected as an Apple Pay enabled card and I now finally have Apple Pay as an AppleID payment method. Whew!

Note to Apple: Please make this process less confusing. If you do have an Apple Pay enabled card already in your Wallet, AppleID should be able to find it.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 30, 2020 8:41 PM in response to Argenag

I had the same problem. I had set up Apple Pay for my new credit card and added the card to the Wallet app on my iPhone. However, when I went to get this new Apple Pay account added as a payment method for my AppleID under

[ Settings > (my Apple ID)  > Payment and Shipping > Add Payment Method ]

the top text there read:

"No eligible Apple Pay cards were found in your wallet. Please make sure that your storefront matches the card(s) in your wallet and try again."

This was quite confusing as I could see my Apple Pay enabled card right there in my Wallet app.

After a few days I tried again and eventually solved it quite by accident: I gave up trying to add Apple Pay to my AppleID and decided to directly add my credit card as an AppleID payment method. When I did this my card was automatically detected as an Apple Pay enabled card and I now finally have Apple Pay as an AppleID payment method. Whew!

Note to Apple: Please make this process less confusing. If you do have an Apple Pay enabled card already in your Wallet, AppleID should be able to find it.

Jul 2, 2020 7:43 PM in response to reinthal

I just ran into this issue. I sought to add my card as Apple Pay for Apple ID payments. Everything I read, which included news reports from when the feature was added to Apple's own article "Payment methods that you can use with your Apple ID" suggested that the Add Payment screen should auto-populate "FOUND IN WALLET" with the credit cards already added to Apple Pay.

It showed the cryptic message that no eligible Apple Pay cards were found and to "make sure that your storefront matches the card(s) in your wallet," which I interpreted to mean that the store region must match the card issuer and billing address (USA in my case).

I have 12 cards added to Apple Pay. Surely at least one of them was eligible, right?

I thought perhaps the ZIP+4 in my address might have been an issue, as I've found that some stores throw an error when I've tried to pay with Apple Pay and a 9-digit ZIP. (It doesn't tell you the reason but simply fails.) So I changed my ZIP to 5 digits, but I still couldn't add existing cards to my Apple ID for payment with Apple Pay.

I found this thread about the issue and manually added my card, at which time it asked me to link the card to the card already in Apple Pay. So now it's working.

I'm not certain that screen is working correctly. It doesn't seem to behave as the text on that screen suggests. I wonder if cards auto-populate for anyone who doesn't have Apple Card.

Can’t add another card to payment methods

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.