You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to use a USB stick on the latest mMacBook air?

I would like to get a MacBook air for college but by the looks of it the MacBook air doesn't have a USB port and I was wondering how I would use a USB stick if there are no USB ports and two USB-C ports.

Posted on May 23, 2020 4:15 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 23, 2020 4:52 AM

You will need an adapter for that process. An USB-C to USB adapter like this one here ➔ USB-C to USB adapter.

There are several other adapters available from a third party vendor as well. You can google for those. There are Hubs available that connect to the USB-C port of the MacBook Air and expand it into HDMI, USB 3.0, and other ports.

Axel F.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 23, 2020 4:52 AM in response to Nate_Edwards

You will need an adapter for that process. An USB-C to USB adapter like this one here ➔ USB-C to USB adapter.

There are several other adapters available from a third party vendor as well. You can google for those. There are Hubs available that connect to the USB-C port of the MacBook Air and expand it into HDMI, USB 3.0, and other ports.

Axel F.

How to use a USB stick on the latest mMacBook air?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.