You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Storage

I purchased more storage on my iPad but I am still not able to download my apps. Why is that.

Posted on May 23, 2020 3:34 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 23, 2020 3:43 PM

iCloud storage is entirely independent and separate from your internal storage. Your internal storage is fixed at time of manufacture- and cannot be changed.

iCloud is used for offline “cloud” storage - for creating synchronised copies of your photos and other documents and data. Your iCloud backups are also stored here.

If you are unable to download Apps because you internal storage is full, you must delete data from your internal storage.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 23, 2020 3:43 PM in response to larise177

iCloud storage is entirely independent and separate from your internal storage. Your internal storage is fixed at time of manufacture- and cannot be changed.

iCloud is used for offline “cloud” storage - for creating synchronised copies of your photos and other documents and data. Your iCloud backups are also stored here.

If you are unable to download Apps because you internal storage is full, you must delete data from your internal storage.

May 23, 2020 3:38 PM in response to larise177

The physical storage capacity of your device has not changed and cannot be changed after purchase. What you subscribed to is storage in the cloud. Now, that you have off-device storage, however, there are a number of things you can do to reduce the storage needs of your device. See the article below for suggestions.

How to free up storage on iOS devices:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203097

iCloud Storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.