You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Software upgrades

I have ipad2 which has software version 9.3.5 and I want to upgrade to latest version. How can I do the same.

iPad mini, iOS 9

Posted on May 24, 2020 7:49 AM

3 replies

May 24, 2020 8:04 AM in response to jigar30

Your very old iPad2 can, theoretically, be updated to iOS 9.3.5 (WiFi Only models) or iOS 9.3.6 (WiFi & Cellular models). iPad2 cannot be updated to any later major version of iOS as it lacks the minimum hardware requirements needed to run more recent versions.

You may wish to consider that compatible Apps for your iPad are increasingly difficult to find - as third-party developers are increasingly dropping support for older versions of iOS preceding iOS11/12 (and some, for technical reasons, have dropped support for all iOS versions preceding iPadOS13). As older versions of Apps are removed from the Apple App Store, you’ll not be able to (re)download or install them. As such, if you want or need to access most current Apps, you’ll need to consider replacement of your iPad with a newer or current model.

Even the most basic current iPad7 will massively outperform you current iPad - and is compatible with the vast majority of current Apps

Software upgrades

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.