You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I remove and reinstall other applications such as Zoom and Google Chrome

How do I remove and reinstall other applications such as Zoom and Google Chrome on my iMac?

iMac 27", OS X 10.11

Posted on May 24, 2020 4:17 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 24, 2020 6:08 PM

Zoom is wrought with hacking problems and it is not recommended to install it at the moment. It appears to not have problems with hackers on an iPad, but I would not allow it on any of my Macs. As for Google Chrome, no hacking problems, but it is known as a resource hog - meaning it'll gobble up all the RAM and processor power you've got making it more difficult to use any other app while Chrome is running.

If you uninstalled Zoom, but it is still creating problems, contact the developer for proper uninstall instructions.

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 24, 2020 6:08 PM in response to NeedHelp_Computer_Illiterate

Zoom is wrought with hacking problems and it is not recommended to install it at the moment. It appears to not have problems with hackers on an iPad, but I would not allow it on any of my Macs. As for Google Chrome, no hacking problems, but it is known as a resource hog - meaning it'll gobble up all the RAM and processor power you've got making it more difficult to use any other app while Chrome is running.

If you uninstalled Zoom, but it is still creating problems, contact the developer for proper uninstall instructions.

how do I remove and reinstall other applications such as Zoom and Google Chrome

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.