You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Placing photos from Icloud Drive into Icloud Photos?

Hello,

I have a load of photos in a folder in my icloud drive, which i'd like to move to into my icloud Photos storage. I can't see any way of doing this? Any help appreciated!

Thanks

Evie

Posted on May 25, 2020 1:00 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 25, 2020 1:11 PM

If you have a Mac and the Photos.app syncing with iCloud Photos you could imort the photos from iCloud Drive to Photos ans Photos will upload them to iCloud Photos.

If you do not use the Photos.app to sync with iCloud Photos, copy the photos to a local folder on your computer, then upload them to iCloud Photos using a web browser and signing in to www.icloud.com.

But then you are limited to uploading JPEG files.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 25, 2020 1:11 PM in response to eviegarnett

If you have a Mac and the Photos.app syncing with iCloud Photos you could imort the photos from iCloud Drive to Photos ans Photos will upload them to iCloud Photos.

If you do not use the Photos.app to sync with iCloud Photos, copy the photos to a local folder on your computer, then upload them to iCloud Photos using a web browser and signing in to www.icloud.com.

But then you are limited to uploading JPEG files.

Placing photos from Icloud Drive into Icloud Photos?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.